Sunday, November 11

How I Lived A Hundred Years

I swore I was on the brink of death,
As the angels came to take my breath.
I heard their singing like a summer breeze,
Amidst a temperature of ninety degrees.

And though I knew that I would die,
I couldn’t bear to say good-bye…
So I prayed to God that I should stay
In this world for one more day.

I closed my eyes and prepared to go,
Like a river that would skip and flow
Through an endless world of dark and light—
Where there’s no difference between day and night.

But then an angel came to me,
And told me that I was granted free;
That I could take my one more stay
Which would be short to my dismay.

Later that night, I prayed again.
I said “Thank you,” and then “Amen.”
God looked down at my teary face,
And knew that this was my only place.

I didn’t belong in the place up there,
And He knew that I was needed here.
So he gave me another day
To retrieve those who have astray.

For years and years, I guided them:
The children, women, and even men.
I led them to the path of love,
The love that had been bless from above.

On my ninety-ninth birthday, I was old,
With wrinkled wisdom in every fold.
I had saved the others from their fears,
And that was how I lived a hundred years.

I swear that it was meant to be,
And that this task was just my destiny.
I’d like to relive my memories and then…
I’d save our people all over again.

No comments: