Sunday, November 11

I Care

Whenever you look at me, I flood with tears,
Because it’s only grief that reaches my ears.
I keep feeling like I could help, but can’t,
And you’re probably tired of my useless rants.

The thing is that I dream about you day and night,
And I refuse to loose you without a fight.
I want to stay forever in your arms.
You keep me from danger and any harm.

I feel comfortable when you smile,
And wish that it could stay a while.
Sometimes you’re just too hard on yourself,
But no matter what, I cannot seem to help.

It breaks my heart to see your face
When you’re struggling to keep up pace.
Whenever you’d cry, I’d cry too,
Because I am that devoted to you.

I wish that you could understand my heart—
How I’ve loved you from the start.
Goddess, answer to my pleading prayers:
Please tell him that I will always care.

It's kind of strange to look back at your previous work and become filled with memories. I wrote this poem a while back, when I was still dating my ex-boyfriend. He was always sad because he had lyme disease. My heart ached for him.

The night that he broke up with me, I was in absolute shock. He was so calm when he told me that he couldn't afford to be in a relationship with me. All I could do was stand there and hear him out, then burst into a million tears. I seriously thought that we would last, but I guess that fate hadn't meant for that to happen.

I walked home that night, barely seeing what was in front of me. As I was crossing the cross walk towards the library, a car came plunging towards me. I heard it come to a screeching hault, and thanked God that it hadn't run me over.

To all those girls who have had their hearts torn apart, I know how you feel.

No comments: