Thursday, November 22

Turkey Day

It's hard to imagine that it's finally vacation. I didn't wake up until noon today, dreaming of weird stuff like taking 2D art classes. I first opened my eyes at 8:36AM, thinking that I was late for school. Then I realized that it was Thanksgiving, and I closed my eyes once more, dreaming of a certain person that I've been thinking about lately. At 9:40AM, I awoke again, silently screaming about drowning in a sinking ship. Then I fell back asleep, comforted by thoughts of my certain someone. Finally, I woke up at noon, smelling sushi and eggs in the kitchen. I knew that I had to haul my ass out of bed before my mom came up and personally dragged me downstairs to help prepare for the feast tonight.

The entire afternoon, I sat at the kitchen table, carefully peeling the skin off potatoes and then stabbing them out of frustration. My sister had a fit and a half, trying to cut the hard boiled eggs. In the background, my parents argued over whether or not the turkey was being over-roasted. All the while, my stupid cat dazed in and out of the house, driving us nuts altogether.

For once in the history of my Thanksgiving, I didn't eat much. I'm not sure why. It's probably because I was playing card games with a guy at the party (no, not strip poker), and I was addicted to beating him. But overall, tonight was pretty fun. We ate lots of turkey, salad, sushi, and gravy. Now, I'm just making myself hungry. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

No comments: